Sunday, June 20, 2010

Facing ONE of my biggest fears. FISH.

Roger and I going snorkeling after we just went sub diving.
If you look closely, you can see the fish all around us. YIKES.




If you know anything about me.... you know that I am/was deathly afraid to swim in any water that has fish in it. This vacation I vowed to myself that I would get in the ocean even if it were just for a minute. My loving husband signed us up for a boating tour that would include snorkeling and mini sub diving. On the way out to the spot in the Sea of Cortez where this was to take place , my stomach was going crazy and alot of scary thoughts were going through my mind. Long story short.. I DID IT!!! I jumped into the sea with MANY fish below me awaiting my entrance into their domain. I went snorkeling with my husband, and also was brave enough to go mini sub diving. This was a small scooter-like thing that you sat on while your head is in an oxygen filled dome over your head (no mouth piece or tubing needed) and you dive into the depths of the ocean where you follow a diver to the reef and where you actually see and touch and hold a sea urchin, a puffer fish, and a very large conch shell with it's occupant still in it. It was AMAZING!! The water was 72 degrees. That is until you dive deeper where it then felt like it was in the 50's. For right now I only have pictures of me in the ocean snorkeling, but will soon post some pictures of the the sub diving. If you have a chance to go on a mini sub dive, DO IT !! If I can do it... anyone can.

2 comments:

  1. Thats the best ever. Lucky ass! You shoulda wore something with hook and bait attached to your clothes. Then it would have been waaaaay fun. I'm gonna do that. Im so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your face in the second picture! I'm proud of you for conquering your fear! I am so jealous of your vacation, it looks beautiful down there. Maybe next year you could adopt us and take us with you!

    ReplyDelete